Sunday, November 2, 2014

Things that go Bump in the Night, art show

 Fall is here and I LOVE this time of year, as the sweet summer weather turns into moody, atmospheric fall, pumpkin spice flavored treats pop up everywhere, I get to play dress up for Halloween and watch all my fave movies like Sleepy Hollow, Hocus Pocus, Beetle Juice, Adams Family and more! 

This year I also got to participate in a spooky group show called "Things That Go Bump In the Night" 
at the Peoples Art of Portland
Here are my contributions:

The Offering
(SwampThing meets Dracula)
11"14"
original acrylic painting on canvas
by Chelsea Rose

Furreaks
original acrylic painting on a vinyl record
by Chelsea Rose 

The show runs through to the end of this week, so if you are in portland make sure to check it out before its gone! 

And of course I got all dressed up for Halloween: 


This year my costume was inspired by the Celtic nature god, the Green Man.

and I also painted a pumpkin:


My pumpkin painting was inspired by the Cheshire Cat, of course!

So thats that, I hope everyone had a spooktacular Halloween and managed to dressed up and ate too much sweets. 

Much love and light,
-Chelsea Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment