Thursday, September 3, 2009

Enjoying these last moments of Summer

So we have made it to the month of September. I'm still working on getting all of my pieces ready for my Solo Show on Sept. 18th. As the date draws closer i feel both happy and anxious. Its going to be an important experience no matter what and the galley owner has an interesting idea on hanging my pieces by suspending them with black lace. cool sounding huh?

The other day I was not feeling all that wonderful- a bit stressed and out of balance. I happened to pick up one of my older sketch books and rediscovered a mermaid drawing in it which i actually found to be very comforting:
love thy self
"Love thy Self"
original pen and ink illustration
by Chelsea Rose
- I really enjoy that she is hugging herself, her eyes closed in perhaps inner reflection and meditation. This old drawing of mine reminded me to step away from all the noise of life including all of the self inflicted low confidence, negative thoughts and to just take a moment to breathe and above all LOVE THY SELF- no matter what is going on in life. We live and we learn. what else can we expect from ourselves?

In other news, my dearfull friend from afar Sara Aka Mag Pye on etsy ( check out her shop!) sent me a surprise in the mail:
Dread band surprise from sara!
She made me a special headband to hold up my locks with! Can you believe that she hand spun the wool, hand knitted this piece? there is so much love and positiveness in this headband. i can feel already that its going to be a good luck charm! Thanks so much for your beautiful gift, Sara!

And while Danny and I were visiting various parts of town to handout/post my Solo art show post cards we ended up wondering into this maze of an antique mall full to the brim with endless treasures. I was lucky to find myself the perfect sun hat:
Man Ray dress and new sun hat
i have been looking for this hat ALL summer long. I hate sunscreen and the idea was to find a hat i could wear out that would help keep the sun from turning me into a lobster. Annoyingly, almost every sun hat i seemed to cross paths with would not fit my head( because of my dreadies being so thick). But this hat is super comfy, has a nice soft velvet inside for the brim. It was $8. Oh, and also- check out my Man Ray dress- another item created by the amazing Sara. I saw this dress in her etsy shop and fell in love with it!
ready to face the summer day...sort of
I also found a pair of sunglasses in that antique mall. I have not had a pair since i lost the ones that my Grandmother gave me( she gives me her super cool vintage sunglasses when she tires of them). I'm usually not one to like to wear sunglasses but my eyes seems to have gotten a bit more sensitive in these last couple years.
So strangely enough, now that I am all ready for the summer sun with my hat and sun glasses- i find that summer is almost gone!
October is just around the corner. Where did summer run off to? Granted, its not really gone yet but i have already noticed some of the trees changing color! I remember my first Fall season in Oregon- it was bursting full of all sorts of interesting color. i really really cant wait for All Hollows Eve. I Have always loved Halloween-as a young girl i was thrilled at the prospect of getting to dress up in costume and parade around town begging for candy. Now, Halloween is a special day for Danny and I and it is then that we recognize or anniversary. Also, Samhain is drawing near and i have been invited by my dearfull friend Mr. Wonder to attend a celebration of Samhain at Wolf Creek sanctuary. I would certainly love to go for a few days, sleep in a tent on that beautiful big piece of land, sharing with the amazing individuals who keep the place going. Not to mention communing with the faeries! But Plans are still not solid. We will certainly be doing the Last Thursday Art walk on Alberta st. It turns out to be the day before Halloween.
here is a picture of Danny and I last year at the art walk during Halloween in our costumes:
Halloween at the Last Thrusday art walk on Alberta St
...im pretty boring. i am the same thing every year: some sort of gypsy/faery. I loved Danny's costume. CAUTION POLICE STATE!

By the way, Danny makes some really intense psychedelic music. Not long ago he created a music myspace page for his music projects:

he is called Bone and All
bone
listen to his music here:
www.myspace.com/bonesandall

No comments:

Post a Comment