Monday, March 7, 2011

SE Area Artwalk Portland Oregon

So its Monday after a long weekend of art vending. I am bone tired but its that soothing "accomplished" exhaustion so, I am sitting here writing to you, smiling a lot while sipping tea.... reminiscing over the past couple days.

I wanted to share some photos from the 8th annual SE Area Portland Art Walk:

SE Area Art walk PDX set up
This was my set up. It was the first time I used these free standing grid walls as my display and I really liked it. It was nice having my painting/illustration on one side with my Goddess body art photography on the other. It was more organized, less chaotic and so I felt people had an easier time looking, enjoying and purchasing.

Painting @ SE area Art Walk PDX
We had a fairly steady flow of people come through our room but I still managed to get in a good amount of painting while sitting there( 3rd floor, Room #326 at Gallery Homeland aka The Ford Building in downtown SE Portland) for Saturday and Sunday ( 10am to 5pm)
I finished the painting I have been neglecting for awhile...I will have to take photos soon and share the finished result later in the week.

SE Art Walk 2011
SE Art Walk 2011
Photos of Danny's set up displaying his Ebru(turkish papermarbling), screenprint and ink paintings ( we shared the gridwall as you can see.)

SE Art Walk 2011
A far away shot of our set up...helps you get a feel for what the room was like. The mind blowing painting on the easle up front is Mark Marasco's( more on him in a bit.)

Joanne and I @ SE Area Art Walk PDX
This is a photo Danny snapped of Joanne Licardo and I, standing in front of her art work. She was one of the 12 amazing artist in our room for the art walk. We share a special connection because of our Venice beach, California heritage. It truly is a small world :)

Danny has a lot more photos plus a "video tour/walk through" of the event to post, so when he has time to upload all that i look forward to sharing more content and coverage of the event with ya.

In the meantime, check out the other artists from our room who became akin to a lil art family:

Mark Marasco - an amazing painter and true friend! His work has been described as "expressionistic surrealism", or what he calls "an experiment in cross-pollination and emergence: emancipated realism". I hope to post photos of Mark and his set up once Danny has all the images cropped and formatted.
Joanne Licardo - (pictured early in the post) amazing oil painter as well as oil painting teacher. I especially love her mandala paintings. She also does some "traditional old master technique" inspired work.

This event was huge with over 200 artists participating all around the SE Portland area. I am truly looking forward to doing this again for next year!

So now that its all over I need to organize my art room. It looks like I let a rabid kangaroo have its way with the studio so excuse my absence for a few days as I put my home back together again and let the dust settle.

Thanks so much to all the brave souls who came out to journey through this massive art walk and support local artists. Your presence and your support is a charished thing and very inspiring. Thanks again and again.

Love and Light!
-Chelsea Rose

3 comments:

  1. Awe inspiring works, your photos and post are wonderful and I enjoyed reading. I can almost see you typing this out while enjoying that cup of tea all with a wonderful smile and exactly why. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a very satisfying time was had! It is wonderful to be around other artists for the camaraderie and the inspiration. Your set up looks great, and I love seeing your work and doing what you do! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amasing, it looks realy fantastic. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete