Monday, November 15, 2010

Work in Progress acrylic painting + 23rd street art show

Another productive weekend was had!
I got a lot of work done on the acrylic painting i am working on:
work in progress
Danny snapped this photo of me while I worked on her. After an hour more of painting i finished putting the first layer of color on the entire painting...so now there is no grey left peaking out. I have to go back in and lay more color down on certain spots + work in more shadow and highlights....then i should be ready to sign and varnish the painting.

Also...you can see in the photo i have combed out my front two locks. Now i have some soft hair to play with in the front. I felt i just needed a bit of a change and i am pretty happy with the results. It took about an hour each to comb out the dreads. I soaked them in heavy conditioner and then used a flea comb to push the knotted hair smooth. Was a lot of work but im glad i did it.

and on to some very exciting news!

vacant storefronts = pop up galleries
Danny will be showcasing his newly created body of ebru/screen printing artwork which will include his life size Buddha silkscreen prints with his giant ebru marbling mono prints and more. For a sneak peak at some of his work that will be on display check out his flickr page.
"This is a one night event in conjunction with NW 23rd third Thursday art walk. Come check out huge Buddha screen prints, art drawings, sculpture, marbling, Industrial Dub music, jewelry, faerie tutu’s, and wine on November 18th from 6pm to 9pm. The event is being help in a "pop up" gallery that use to be a cheese shop on NW Thurman and NW 23rd. Bring friends and family!"

....So that about wraps it up for this blog entry.
Although I am excited to announce my body art photography book is ready to go to print today...so my books will be available soon for purchase. More details soon!

Much love to all,
-Chelsea Rose

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Danny! What exciting news! I'm crossing my fingers he sells his life-size Buddha! Or at least gets lots of new followers and customers. I didn't know you could brush out dreadlocks. You have amazing patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the finished piece and the publishing of your book, the dreads must stay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm surprised you were able to comb out the locks. I get so frustrated with fuzzies, especially near the front. I can understand why you would do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your body painting book and Danny's new art work too. The new painting looks intriguing, I like how her face is peeking out!

    ReplyDelete